Our client is Head Quartered in the international city of The Hague, the Netherlands. Their diverse and talented team collaborate in elegant offices situated close to the City Centre.
Their story began in 2021 when a group of highly experienced individuals pulled together a team of advanced engineers with the aim of creating an innovative center of excellence engineering company.
The senior leadership team have developed a service offering to deliver ambitious end-to-end engineering projects as well as creating a complete 360-degree package covering the full cycle from ideation, value creation and product take-off to financial investment and security. They know their people form a crucial layer in the business. Your ideas and expertise make the difference and help to create a rich environment where innovative ideas and creative solutions emerge and grow. Research shows that most experienced professional engineers only use 20% of their complete career knowledge. They are interested in all your experiences. Discover what you can achieve when you are put in the driving seat.
The successful Sr. Business Developer focuses on development of the business in different technologies in Oil & Gas, Chemical & Petrochemical, Environmental protection, and green energies in the early phases. This includes the investigation and evaluation of the different type of technologies, coordination with the licensors / suppliers / Universities / Institutes, developing the inhouse knowledge together with Engineering disciplines, performing preliminary studies on technologies, development of feasibility studies and proposals.
Your new challenge will include:
- Study and evaluate the potential technologies, licensors, suppliers, and market Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental protection, and green energies.
- Coordinate with the external partners such as licensors, suppliers, business partners, Clients
- Detail technical evaluation of the selected technologies
- Prepare preliminary feasibility study for technology projects
- Develop technical proposal for development, promotion and implementation of technology projects in cooperation with business partners
- Coordinate with engineering disciplines to develop the required technical documents for feasibility studies and proposal package.
- Provide support and input in Proposals and Cost Estimating Projects
- Prepare and review of Process deliverables including
- Basis of design, H&MBs, BFDs, PFDs, P&IDs and MSDs, and associated documentation
- Utilities/Effluents/Emissions/Chemicals summaries
- Operating Manual, functional descriptions, lists, and others as required.
- Perform technical bid evaluations and review vendor data and documents. Attend technical meetings with other Engineering Disciplines, Client, and Vendors.
- Prepare marketing and development reports for the business opportunities
- Maintain the Schedule, Quality and Cost objectives of the Project.
- Maintain, support, and provide input to (the set-up of) Company Standard Practices and Work Instructions.
- Coordinate and support in the training and development of Engineers.
- Study, evaluate and prioritize the business prospects and opportunities in consult with Business Acquisition Manager
- Explore, develop, and promote business opportunities in Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental protection, and green energies.
- Coordinate with other Offices, other department in Europe (e.g., Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance) for reporting and alignment of Business opportunities, proposals, and acquisitions
What we would like from you
A minimum of 15 years of applicable experience in the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical Industry as a Process Engineer, with at least 3 years in project development phases, is mandatory. A bachelor’s degree from a university in Process / Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering program is a prerequisite.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, strong English writing skills for documentation and reports, proficient in English speaking for effective communication with teams and stakeholders
- Proficient in process technologies across Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental Protection, and Green Energies industries.
- Experienced in collaborating with licensors and knowledge-based companies.
- Expertise in various project development stages, including feasibility studies and proposal creation.
- Skilled in Technical Sales for promoting technologies in new proposals.
- Familiarity with American and European codes and standards in Process Engineering.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and commonly used Process Engineering Software.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills for effective interdisciplinary coordination and external partner liaison.
- Track record of collaborating with international companies and licensors.
- Demonstrates professionalism and solid technical proficiency.
- Innovative thinker, contributing fresh ideas for work improvement.
The company offers:
The role you play now will likely be different to the role you play in a years’ time; our client offers a lot of opportunity for progression for curious and ambitious people which can include secondments to the international HQ.
Our client aims to make an offer to the successful person soon after the final interviews, subject to the necessary work visas if required and satisfactory reference checking.
Please send your most up to date CV and an introductory statement to our advising consultant Caroline Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org – that details your current compensation package, visa status and anything else you would like to include, and we will be in touch.
We welcome everyone and are committed to building inclusive teams. We celebrate differences and encourage everyone to join us and be themselves at work.